Saturday 6 October 2012

The Lighthouse

Hi Blog Friends, I'm back.

I bought this set of  Kanban stamps a couple of months ago - and then promptly misplaced them!!  They weren't lost - I just didn't know where they were!! Anyway as you can see I did find them so decided to use them for my brother in law's birthday card.

Click on picture to enlarge image.

The blue plaid paper was a freebie from Jak Heath, matted onto blue card then added to white cardstock. The lighthouse, anchor and seagull were stamped in Encore Ultimate Metallic Blue pigment ink. A very simple card but suitable for a man. The stamp is quite detailed so I decided not to do any colouring. Perhaps nextt time I use it I will do it in black or grey and add some colour.

Lighthouses always remind me of a hymn my mum  used to sing as a solo in church when she was younger
called the Night Watch, and which we sang at her funeral.

Bright stars are watching the world as it sleeps,
Shepherds watch over the little white sheep,
The lighthouse  is shining for ships far at sea,
As God keeps the night watch for you and for me.

So sleep, sleep in peace and rest,
Don't be afraid of the darkness,
Alls well for over the land and the sea,
God's keeping the night watch for you and for me.

I think the words of this hymn are very comforting.

Well that's it for today. Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with another card.

With love from Christine xx




Thank you for your visit and for the comments you leave. I appreciate each and everyone of them.

8 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
well it looks as if I'm the early bird today.
Wonderful card reminds me Dutch tiles. I have a bauble given to me by a Dutch lady friend of my sister in law. It is very heavy and I never know where to put it so it doesn't get broken.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Crafty Lark said...

I like that very much, The dies you have used work so well with the images and I also like it unpainted. xx Flora

Patricia said...

Your Brother-in-Law will be delighted that is one Fantastic card.
Love everything about it, perfect just perfect.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the image and the beautiful shades of blue.

hugs Sue

Marie-Louise said...

A beautiful card. I too have just bought this stamp a little time ago and have only used it once - its a really lovely stamp. Love the Hymn - I have never heard it before - I really like it.

Christine Hussey said...

You've done it again Christine, this is just perfect in every way. Adore the blue colour and that lighthouse image is fantastic. Keep up the good work.
Hope you have a lovely weekend, love Christine H xx

Planetsusie said...

You always make me giggle Christine, but today I shed a tear over the beautiful hymn. The words are so lovely.

I also love your card, personally I don't think colouring is needed at all with this stamp. The blue ink and the papers are perfect. I just love it.

Hugs to you and glad the mojo is there!

Sue xxx

Carole Z said...

Gorgeous Sue! I do love nautical themes on cards, we have been meaning to do one on one of our workshops. Super colours and beautiful hymn, Carole Z X