Wednesday 19 March 2014

Strength

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers.  Hope this finds you well but my love and thoughts if you are feeling under the weather.

My Card


A very CAS style card today.  It is for a man so I have kept it very simple and let the wonderful sentiment and the embossing do the talking. The sentiment is from Quietfire Designs, and the embossing folder is "Ornate Corner" from Die'sire Embossalicious.  The card stock I used is actually Papermania white canvas effect textured card but I changed the colour digitally with Pink Petticoat "Natural Neutrals - Mushroom".  I used SB Classic Squares large to cut the sentiment which was stamped with Memento  Cocoa Brown. The darker brown that I used to mat with SB Labels One  is from my bit box so not sure what it is from although I have a feeling it is Gemstones Jewelled Cardstock. A few Hobby House pearls finished it.

Well I must be off.  John has a hospital appointment at a different hospital and we have never been before so we need to leave a little earlier.

Take care and see you soon.

Entered into:
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/challenge-124-anything-goes.html
http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/march-challenge-monochrome.html

21 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

Great card Christine, love the effective design and sentiment. xx Flora

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - this is perfect, it just doesn't need anything else. I think is is gorgeous.

Hope John gets on OK at his appointment today.

Hugs to you both

Sue Pxxx

Doreen said...

Love your cas card.xxx

Rita said...

Beautiful simple card and like me, you love the Quietefire stamps. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

What a stunner Christine its really gorgeous, hope John is ok lots of huggles to you both Sue xxxxxxxxxx

JJ said...

This is fabulous Christine, love the embossing and the verse. Simplicity at its best.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

cuilliesocks said...

I love your card Christine, it's a beautiful sentiment, and the embossed design is lovely, great male card.
Hope all goes well at the hospital, hugs Kate x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the embossing and beautiful sentiment.
I hope the hospital appointment went okay.
Hugs Sue xx

Patricia said...

Good evening Christine, absolutely stunning, perfect for a man but also for anyone. Love that sentiment, great font as well.
Hope it all went well at the hospital.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely CAS card Christine love your embossing

Anne

Lorraine said...

A lovely cas card Christine. A fab sentiment and I love the pretty embossing
Lorraine x

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine and I always think that sentiment is so perfect for so many occasions.

Diane said...

Fabulous card Christine love the sentiment.

Hugs Diane

Carol said...

A great card and sentiment Christine...I've used that embossing folder this week too! Carol x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Beautiful CAS card. The embossing is lovely. I'm intrigued about the digitally changing the colour of your card. You'll have to spill on Friday.
Will drop you an email tomorrow.
Best wishes.
Ang x

MaryH said...

Christine, simply wonderful. Love the simplicity & elegance. That embossing is very rich looking and that sentiment says all that needs saying. Beautiful card. TFS & Hugs too.

lydia jordan said...

Hi Christine,
Love your CAS card, very effective.
Lydia
X

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous card... Love the sentiment....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Hazel said...

Christine love your beautiful card, I like the look of that embossing folder and you are so right the folder and the sentiment are enough on this card. Hope johns appointment went ok, also I take it you are meeting up with Ang at the NEC if so have fun. I am jealous would love to be meeting up with you both again. Hazel xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, a super CAS card, love the sentiment too, hugs Carole Z X

Jo Ann said...

What a gorgeous, elegant designed card. Love the embossing. We are so blessed with your wonderful project and hope you join us again in this week's Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I want to share this verse with you in Luke 1:37 which says, "For no word from God will ever fail." God bless, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com