Tuesday 27 May 2014

Music Speaks

Good morning to you all.  I have scheduled this post so not sure what the weather will be like. I want to go out so I'm hoping it will be dry.  Monday was a steady rainfall from mid-morning onwards.  Ah well, at least the bedding plants I put in on Sunday are well and truly bedded in now.

My Card


click to enlarge

My nephew asked me to make a card for one of his colleagues who is a jazz lover and plays a bit of saxophone.  This is what I came up with.

5" x 7" card base made from black card stock . Die'sire "Seasonal Music" embossing folder. The sax player was an internet find and I computer generated the sentiment. The black feathery thread and the black pearls are from my stash.  It's a very simple card but it looks effective in it's starkness I think.

I have another idea in my head so hopefully I will have another card so that he can then have a choice.

Hope this finds you all well.





12 comments:

Carole Z said...

Morning Christine, I love this and how perfect for not only a music lover but also a saxophonist fabulous! Have a good day out, hope the weather holds for you! Higs Carole Z X

Doreen said...

Love the gorgeous image and fab layout.xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Love your card, great image.
Lydia
X

Sue said...

Fabulous card Christine. I agree- a really effective design and I love the sentiment too.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word! Christine, your card is stunning. I love everything you have done.
The starkness is so effective, very impressive.
Hugs

Patricia xx

Sue said...

Oh very nice Christine love the design hope you have a fab time with your relatives! huggles Sue xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous image you found, so apt. Beautifully put together. I'm sure that a Plan B won't be required as this is super.
Wet here too, well, it is a UK Bank Holiday week after all lol!
Ang x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, fantastic and just perfect for a jazz lover. Brilliant sax image and the embellishments and design are lovely, hugs Kate x

Marie-Louise said...

What a fantastic card Christine. I'm sure it was well received.

Unknown said...

Loving this card, awesome silhouette too.xxMy big 'reach 550' candy is on...
Annie

Unknown said...

This is a stunning card Christine. Hazel xx

Brawny x said...

Great card Christine. Love it! X