Wednesday 29 August 2012

I am sailing

Hi folks,

I almost missed the birthday of my husband's friend so this was a very quick make of the night before.
I found a couple of toppers in my stash that I had bought a couple of years ago when the local craft shop was closing down. These things do come in very handy in an emergency don't they?



The cardstock is bronze, the dull gold cardstock has a very fine ribbed appearance and  I matted the toppers onto rust colored card. The clock embellishment was from my stash and then I just added  the little brass buttons which were from my button tin. I do find masculine cards difficult and I procrastinate forever. However I do seem to work better under pressure and this turned out better than I expected.

Well that was a very quick post again. Hope you all have a good day.

With love from Christine xx

9 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
lovely male card. Very handy having those lovely nautical images in your stash. See some of our buys do always get used.lol. Have a great crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

melanie said...

What a great male card ,I don`t know why male cards are always hard to make I ponder for ages in what to do for them, Melanie

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Christine, having to think of something real quick is a challenge but you certainly came up with a great card. Very much like the nautical theme and the colour combo. Enjoy your day, love Christine H xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Christine. I love the images and the colours and layout are fabulous

Sue

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
Well this card works for me. I love it and I am sure your husbands friend will have been delighted. Everything just works so well together.
Have a Great Day

Patricia

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine, you really make me smile 'cos we are soooo alike. Bring on the pressure and I am away - I have always said that I think about things tooooo much. This is a fabulous card - really masculine, everything goes so well together.

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

PS So glad you like my recent card. Lavender - yum yum.

Sonia said...

Lovely lovely lovely:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Oksana said...

Male cards are not my strong point either, so difficult! Lovely nautical card though. I have a map stamp and not used it yet, this card has reminded me about it!x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, a lovely male card today, love the images. I'm the same, give me some pressure and the ideas come, I think I've had so many commissions at short notice I've started to thrive on it! Carole Z X