Monday 10 September 2012

Butterflies and Bow

Hi everybody, thanks for popping in today.

As soon as I saw Linda use this Tied Together embossing folder on her Almost White card, which was the start of the challenge, I just knew I had to have it. Yeah right! It was totally out of stock everywhere but in the end I got it and it came when I was away. It is so beautiful that I just had to have a play with it straight away - there will be another card soon with it too because I was playing for quite a while!



I used all pearl cardstock - white for the base, (which is tent fold, 7.5 x 5.5 inches,) and two shades of blue.  The white cardstock is A3 and very sturdy so easily stands up and holds the weight of the extra card and embellishments. Because of the size 8x8 cards are easy too.I got it from a craft show at the National Motorcycle Museum and I am running out, but I don't the name of it! Typical isn't it?

I embossed the pale blue with the embossing folder, mounted  it onto the darker blue card, wrapped some blue satin ribbon round it and then attached it to the base card. I then used another one of my new purchases Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles, and die cut the second size down, having first stamped the card with Kaisercrafts Botanics in silver. Initially I used black but  it wasn't right, so I had to use the silver and heat emboss it because otherwise it just blended into the blue background. I mounted it with foam pads to give the card some depth. The blue embroidered butterfly has been in my stash for ages, along with a few othe colours, and they are so gorgeous! I also added pearls into the cross overs of the latice and finally added the blue bow. The lack of greeting of any kind is deliberate because then it can be used for anything.

Well that's it from me for today. Hope you all have a good day and find some time for yourself at some stage.- I really do think this is so important!

With love and hugs from Christine xx

10 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a beautiful card. I was looking forward to the card today and I wasn't disappointed either. I love everything about it. The new die is fab, and the butterfly is amazing.
Have a wonderful crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Christine, another stunning card and love that colour blue. The embossed layer looks silver on my computer and looks so beautiful and love the die and butterfly. Gorgeous. Enjoy your Monday, love Christine H xx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful , love the gorgeous centre piece and layout.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the embossing and the beautiful shade of blue goes so well with the pure white.

Sue

Unknown said...

The colours are gorgeous Christine and that embossing is awesome, what a lovely effect it has made.....well done.
Cheers,
Elaine

Carole Z said...

Morning Christine, I'm having a quick blog catch up today! Your card is stunning, love the embossing and the soft colours. Hugs Carole Z X

Oksana said...

Such a beautiful card Christine! Very elegant, love all of it!xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - your card is gorgeous. I love the pale blue and that embossing folder is glorious. I have been trying to get hold of it myself. Not quite given up. So glad you are back to creating!

Hugs to you and congratulations on your Creative Harmony win!!!

Sue P xxx

Linda Wescott said...

Really stunning Christine, the colours are so pretty and the embossing and die cuts are very elegant. Love all the beads too, a lot of work in your card. Hugs lin

Planetsusie said...

I thought of somewhere else that I hadn't tried for the folder and managed to buy one - yay!!!!! I'm a happy bunny!

Sue xxx