Sunday 9 December 2012

Door Plaque

Hi, I'm writing this ready for posting in the morning and the sun is shining really brightly - but it's bitterly cold. What the weather will be like as you  read this is anybody's guess!



Click on image to enlarge picture.

This is for my great niece. I am giving her money for Christmas, but obviously she needs to have a few little things to open  from me, so this is one of them. I got the MDF plaque from Joanna Sheen and painted it with purple emulsion from a match pot -Charlottes favourite colour! Patricia will no doubt recognise my roses and I hope she thinks they are okay! I didn't have any toning card  for the roses so I used white and coloured it with an ink pad and then a little stickles for a bit of sparkle. They turned out okay I think.  I used the Rose Creations die. I die cut two Marianne Creatables large butterflies, one in silver and one from the same card that I had coloured for the roses and layered them. The small butterfly is also a Marianne die.  The leaves are Spellbinders Foliage and the border across the centre is Parisian Accents. I added some pearls to the butterflies and a length of  satin ribbon to hang the plaque, and that's it. I used my Cuttlebug and Olivia alphabet dies to form the name. This is the first time it's seen day light since I got my Grand Calibur!! I think Spellbinders missed an opportunity to be able to use thick dies in the GC. I would like to get rid of my Bug but still have some dies that are quite nice - even though I had forgotten about them!!!

I've just realised that this shape is very similar to Labels 11 ( with an extra point on top and base) and so looks a bit like the gift bag I made, but I can assure you this is definitely an MDF plaque! LOL!

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Love and hugs from Christine x

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, bet Charlotte will love this beautiful plaque and Patricia will be pleased with your roses. It's amazing what you find that you have an forgotten about.

Wilma x x

Karla said...

Hoi Christine

Je hebt weer een schitterend kaartje gemaakt, prachtige kleuren.
Jij ook nog een fijn weekend.

Groetjes Karla

Unknown said...

Gosh these roses are to die for, wish I could make 'em like you. The whole project is fabulous Christine and I know Charlotte will love it. Seems like it's a day for purple, my last Xmas card had those tonings too.
Elaine

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is gorgeous Christine love your roses they are amazing great plaque your great niece will love it what girl wouldn't

jacqui x

Oksana said...

This is lovely Christine and your roses look beautiful! I'm sure she'll love it!x

Sue said...

This is stunning Christine. I love the colour and the pretty details, especially your wonderful roses. I am sure that Charlotte will be thrilled to receive such a special handmade gift.

Sue

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine, LOVE the "Roses" .............!!! You have fairly got them sussed.
What a sunning gift Charlotte will adore it.
I could never get rid of my "Bug" I use it far more than my Grand Calibur. I don`t have a Craft Room so I grab my Bug out of the cupboard to cut out single Dies. I set up my Calibur if I know I am going the be working most of the day. But Oh! my Bug I love it and so do the boys.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Marie-Louise said...

What a marvellous plaque. The roses are fantastic.

May said...

O my word such Beautiful roses.. Love the colours... Great plaque .. Fabulous gift idea! Hugs May x x x

Vicky said...

Hi there Christine, long time no blog- shame on me :( You have made some awesome cards since my last visit, I can see a new style developing,

hugs Vicky xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

what a gorgeous Christmas present Christine and such a lovely idea...great choice of colours too

Anne

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a fabulous idea. It looks so beautiful and the design is superb. Fantastic roses. I bet she will be sooooooo pleased with it.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Planetsusie said...

What a brilliant idea Christine - and purple too! It it said "Sue" instead of "Charlotte" it would look sublime on my craftroom door - lol!!! I love the embellishments on it, it looks amazing.

Hugs Sue Pxxx

PS Hope you aren't snowed in.!

janieworkum said...

Dit heb je prachtig gemaakt. Ook die rozen zijn zo mooi.
groetjes Janie

Jan Hennings said...

So pretty!!!

Lorraine said...

What a lovely present this is! Gorgeous shape and pretty flowers.
Lorraine x

Lia said...

Christine, what a lovely Christmas present!
Also your latest cards are gorgeous! It's great fun visiting your blog again!
xxx Lia

Carole Z said...

This is such a gorgeous plaque Christine, love the colours...your niece will love it! Carole Z X

Sue said...

Oh Christine this is stunning I love it! sorry I havent commented been locked away with SplodgeAway DT work huggles hun x

Craftyhugs said...

Another Stunning card Christine! I adore that butterfly and the flowers. You do a fab job with them.. Hope you are well and ready for christmas. Hugs xxx

Suzie's Card Den said...

This is gorgeous and I am sure your niece will treasure it.
Hope you are well and looking forward to Christmas
Hugs
Suzie xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.