Saturday 12 October 2013

Male Birthday Card

Hi. My goodness yesterday was so cold and windy. We lit the fire just after lunch - I don't intend being cold in my own home! John will just have to keep chopping down trees. Lol. He bought a log splitter last  weekend so it will make life easier for him.

Here I am with another male card again.  I have had so many to make this year that I have totally lost my terror of men's cards.  They are not my favourites by any means - you can do so much more for the ladies!! - but I don't recoil in horror at the thought now.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

As you can see this was inspired by one of Sue Wilson's cards a couple of weeks ago and it was for my nephew to give to his dad. I posted the one I made for my sister to give - and totally forgot to take a picture of my own. Early onset dementia!!! I again used the "Explore" stamp set and matching Vintage Labels 4  dies from JustRite Stampers.  I die cut the large label from an old map of Europe which I found on the internet. The cogs and sprockets were die cut from Papermania Chronology Collection. This card is 6 x 6 and made as an easel card - obviously.  I placed the sentiment verse on the underside which then makes it quite private to put a personal message on.  Darren like it anyway, and he also thought the retirement card I did for him was great. (Well not actually for him but his colleague!)

Well that's it from me.  Hope you are all well but if not I hope you get better quickly.





22 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulos card Christine beautifully embellished ..love the stamp

Anne

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Super masculine card. The fellas are tricksy aren't they lol!
Glad that the cows are behaving.
Ang x

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Great card, men can be so difficult can't they.
Lydia
X

cuilliesocks said...

Great male card Christine, wonderful image and I do love your design.
I don't mind male cards, but as most of my men do all these outdoorsy pursuits, I have a job finding images for them.
yes we are very cold up here but still gorgeous, air nice and crisp, hugs Kate X

Doreen said...

What a great card! Love the image and your papers are fab.x

Sue said...

WOW! This is wonderful Christine. I love the image and the map you have layered it onto looks fabulous. The cogs and sprockets work so well with the design.
I hope you have a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

JJ said...

Morning Christine,

What a stunning card for a man, love it. You can see all the work you have put into this. Love all the embellishments.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaart Christine
groetjes Janie

Lorraine said...

A brilliant masculine card Christine. The image looks fab and I love teh cogs.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Rita said...

Wow Christine, what an amazing card. I still struggle a lot to make male cards ,but I do love this one. Hugs Rita xxx

Brawny x said...

This is a fabulous card Christine. Male cards I find are so difficult but this is just amazing. I love all the little elements. Just great!
Love Lea x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat een schitterende mannen kaart
Groetjes Gerrie

Karen Petitt said...

That is a really stunning card Christine. I love the stamping and your layout is fab! I enjoy making them for the blokes with the exception of the fact that I can't put loads of embellishments, i.e. flowers, on them lol!
We've turned the heating in - it's too blooming cold. Have a warm and snuggly weekend xx

Carol said...

Another fabulous male card Christine, love the stamp set. Carol x

Patricia said...

A brilliant "man" card Christine, love everything you have done on this.
Might have to take a little inspiration for one I have to do for next week.
Have a great week
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

Fab 'mans' card Christine love it! sorry I haven't been around to comment sooner but I've been busy getting cards together for the appeal lots of huggles Sue xxxx

May said...

Fabulous male card, Love the background & great image & the use of the cogs...Great design too.. Hugs May x x x

Unknown said...

Super male card Christine, loving this whole easel design...funny reading about you lighting the fire...it is hot here at the moment and the air is on....well guess is to be expected on the other side of the world.xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine! Fab male card, love all the details and super design! We lit the fire on Friday too, you're right it was cold! Yet yesterday, after some rain it got really sunny and quite warm again..much better! Hugs Carole Z X

Peanut said...

What a fab male card. Love the cogs and gears - such many elements! LOL
hugs, Asha

Craftyhugs said...

Loving this card. I must admit I'm not a fan of making make cards or that good at it lol. You've done a grand job and I'm loving those cogs!
Hugs xx

scrappymo! said...

What a great masculine card...loving the cogs and sprockets but best of all I am loving that map for the background label for the wonderful car image.