Monday 28 November 2016

Buttons and Bows at OSAAT

Good morning to you all.  I'm a day late with my DT card for OSAAT. I was so busy with all the stuff for the WI events over the last 10 days or so that I very quickly had to make a card for the Christmas Card Club and OSAAT.  I was a bit too quick for my own good ... lol!  I looked at the wrong week on both challenges and actually made a card for each challenge using the wrong image and theme!  What a dork!!   At least I am prepared for two weeks time.

My Card


Recipe
5" x 7" base card from pearlescent card stock
blue pearlescent card for matting
backing paper - Summer Harvest from Panda Bear Designs
Floral Ovals die - Spellbinders
sentiment stamp - JustRite
ribbon and buttons from stash

This paper was ideal to make a very quick card!  I stamped the sentiment onto another paper from the pack which I had printed onto card stock. The grosgrain ribbon bow looks a totally different colour to the strip across the centre whereas in real life it is almost exactly the same.  I was congratulating myself on matching real ribbon to the paper ribbon strip and then I saw the photo! Weird!

Please hop across to the blog to see what my teamies have made.  If you decide to join the challenge you could win $10 to spend in store.


We had a very good night at our Craft Fayre on Thursday evening but I was pretty exhausted at the end of the evening. I spent the morning baking mince pies and Victoria sponges to sell on our WI produce stall.  We had about 25 other stall holders as well as my own stand and the WI produce stand and we had to set everything up in advance and then put the hall to rights afterwards. Phew!  But we had a very good night and made quite a profit, which will be going to our centenary fund.

Then Friday was  our trip out to Worcester Victorian Christmas Market.  What a fabulous day!! The weather was very cold but bright and sunny and the market was wonderful.  I will definitely be making the trip again next year.

Well that's all from for today.  Hope you are all well.

Take care.



13 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine and it sounds like you have had a very few days, well done on craft fayre, xxx

dutchess said...

Lovely fresh colours and such a pretty design Christine....I had done the same thing for the ccc challenge so ready for the next one....
You have been busy hope you get a rest this week xxxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card, Sounds like you have been a very busy lady, get some rest today.
Lydia
X

Doreen said...

Love the fab design and great details.xxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is beautiful!

Lia said...

Also 'quick' cards can be nice. You are showing it today!
We are going to the Christmas Market in Oberhausen (Germany) in 2 days. It's really wonderful over there with over 125 stalls. Every year we drive about 125 KMs to get there!
Lia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Heaven above Christine you need a rest, no wonder you got mixed up, never mind you're ahead now.
Beautiful card, lovely design and colours, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Your card is pretty with the blue flowers. Any photos I take at the minute are not coming out true to life at the moment.THe lighting inside is terrible. hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and love the colours...xx {aNNie}

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a wonderful card, and those papers and design are fab.
Don't you just hate it when you only notice something after you have taken the picture.
Sounds like you had 2 super days.
Managed to do all you comments up to date.
Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Love the layout and papers on this super card. I give up trying to work out what happens to colours once they hit a computer screen.
Well done on your WI hard work.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Sue said...

A gorgeous card Christine, I love the design and beautiful colours.
hugs, Sue xx

Dee said...

A lovely card Christine sounds as if you've had an hectic week. We visited Worcs xmas market, we normally go every year, it was better this year I think though. Was it your first time? x