Sunday 26 November 2017

Buttons and Bows

Good morning and I hope you are all managing to keep warm in these very low temperatures. Not forgetting the snow in the north of England and Scotland.

Yesterday evening I suddenly realised that I had a DT card due for International Art and Soul and I hadn't actually made one.  Panic stations!! Well, 15 minutes later I finished this very CAS card - and that time included computer generating the sentiment!  I have never made one this quickly  and I'm sure it will never happen again.

My Card
 
 
Recipe
5" square scalloped card
patterned paper - I think it's a scrap of LOTV
ribbon - another scrap
button - my button box
 
It's amazing what you can do if you try  Certainly not my usual style, but at least I managed it in time.
Why not pop over to the blog and see what my teamies have come up with - all far superior to mine I can assure you!!
 
Well take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.  I think my day will be spent round the fire!
 
 
 
 


17 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab CAS card, love the ribbon and button :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Wendy L said...

No matter how quick it was it still looks great, xxx

Lia said...

After reading your blogpost I have to think about a phrase in a song: Baby, it's cold outside..'. Well, it is!! I will never get used to it.
I like your CAS card very much.
Lia xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A lovely card, it's amazing what you can come up with when you have to.
Lydia
X

Zoe Tant said...

Pretty card Christine. A lovely birthday card for anyone. Zoe x

Hazel said...

It's beautiful, Christine. Sometimes the simple things work out for the best. Hazel x

Planetsusie said...

Beautiful Christine!!! Sometimes less is DEFINITELY more!!! Hugs to you both Sue Pxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Christine, I love the CAS design, Kate x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

prachtige kaart
Groetjes Gerrie

MaryH said...

It's a delightful & pretty card, and amazing to think how speedily you were able to get this one made. Love the little prezzie wrapped in the dotty paper, then the extra detail of the dotty ribbon to tie it. Well done, and glad you were able to make your deadline. TFS & Hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very wonderful card and what a very super idea for your design.
This is so pretty.
Lots of crafty love and hugs. Jenny L.

Anne said...

I love this pretty card, what a cute and simple idea!
We had a sprinkling of snow on Saturday but it didn't last long
Anne x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Christine, this is simply beautiful!

Josephine said...

This is so beautifully elegant!

Chriss America Real said...

This little card is very sweet!

Hugs,
Your design team sister,
Chriss

Brawny x said...

A fab card Christine. Great minds think alike as I've got a couple of cards to blog similar with yours. Fab design x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Super CAS card.Sometimes the cards you have to make quickly turn out so well as you don't have time to overthink them.....if that makes sense lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x